Old December 27th 06, 11:06 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Gaurav

Default RAM Problem

Dear all,

My desktop configuration is WinXp Professional -P4--1.70Ghz--256MB
SDRAM PC133 --40GB Harddisk.MotherBoard make is "Mercury"

Now i want to upgrade my ram upto 512MB.

On motherboard there are 4 Slot for Ram.

2 is for SDRAM & 1 is for DDR1 & 1 is for DDR2.

2-128MB SDRAM PC133 is mounted on motherboard,

For upgrading RAM when i am mounting 256MB PC2100-DDR RAM on
Motherboard.OS is not detecting PC2100 RAM. I am connecting this on
DDR1 or even in DDR2 but in both slot it is not detected by Operating
system.

should i have to change any jumper setting on motherboard.
If someone want's any more information about hardware.let me inform.

plz help me on this regards.

with warm regards.

gaurav