Old June 22nd 06, 06:33 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,uk.comp.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware

Default Economics of SATA hard drive

"Rod Speed" wrote in message

Mike Redrobe wrote
Warra wrote

Will upgrade the system when I need the extra power. Currently
need to add to my data storage. Don't want to get Parallel IDE
(PATA) because newer mobos will support only SATA.

DVD drives are almost exclusively PATA, so its' unlikely many newer
mobos would drop PATA altogether for a while.

Yes, but you may well see motherboards with not
enough IDE ports for the hard drives you want to use.

For example, those with the Force5 chipset. It has only one IDE channel.