Old October 6th 04, 11:49 PM
CapFusion

"Jacek Skowronek" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have a 3-year old socket A motherboard (Soltek SL-75DRV2) and a Geforce
3 Ti 200 videocard which I want to upgrade to a Geforce 6800 (no Ultra or
GT). From various sources this should be doable however I am reading that
newer videocards have a 4-pin Molex voltage connection for the fanwhile
the mobo only has 3-pin slots. Is that a problem? Do I need a connection
cable or something?

Thanks in advance,

Jacek

I would suggest staying where you at on your P3 system.
4pins molex you speaking of, you will need to have one available.

[IMHO for the following]
If you insist on getting any 6800 series, I would recommend or suggest
getting a P4 w/533 FSB or better system with 3GHz CPU or higher.

CapFusion,...