Old January 29th 07, 05:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Andi Cole

Default Reboots since installing an XFX 7950

;-)

"Albert Wiersch" wrote in message

"RF" wrote in message

The watts aren't the issue. The amount of amps the power supply is
capable of providing on all the rails is.

Do you have the videocard on its own rail? i.e. is the power connector
for your card NOT chained with any other connectors being used by hard
drives, etc?

I assume it is on its own rail as it is plugged into the dedicated PCI-E
power connector or whatever that special power connector is for the video
card. Besides, the system rebooted when I wasn't doing any heavy video
processing so it wouldn't have been drawing a lot of power at the time (as
far as I know anyway).

Also, my case and power supply are pretty new (2nd half 2006), so I assume
they were built to handle the new stuff.

It was still working this morning and I ran Prime95 all night long, so I'm
still hopeful it was a driver issue that's been cleaned up (thanks Andi).

Albert