Old January 28th 07, 04:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Albert Wiersch

Default Reboots since installing an XFX 7950

"First of One" root@localhost wrote in message
As the Newegg link shows, it IS passive. :-) As such, the first thing to
monitor are the GPU temperatures. If they are high (approaching 100C),
then improve case ventilation.

Yes, it is passive. I overclock my system and have several fans in there and
leave the case open since the CPU temp stays lower that way (I have an Antec
Sonata II case and it could have been made with better airflow--which is why
I leave the side panel off). Some of the air blows across the video card
heat sink. I'll have to watch the GPU temperature if I have more problems
but so far the clean driver install seems to be working but it's still too
early to tell for sure.

I'll probably investigate the GPU temp anyway and see what it is. I'm not on
the computer right now but will check it out later.

Albert