Old July 28th 03, 06:28 PM
Bridget Funkhouser

Thanks for your reply! Yes, it was with a clean install of Windows on a
freshly formatted HD... I only installed the drivers for the MB resources
prior to the nVidia drivers...

I am leaning toward an IRQ issue... I know very little about designating an
IRQ exclusively other than I can assign a specific IRQ for the the PCI slot
in my MB bios... But windows still uses it too!!! For example, I assign the
slot with the GeForce card IRQ 11... When I go to my system info, there is
also a ton of other crap that windows assigns that IRQ to also... Is there a
way to prevent Windows from using that IRQ???

"B" wrote in message
When you upgraded your motherboard did you perform a clean installation?

If
not then this is going to be a problem eventually. Otherwise run a

reinstall
of Windows ME to repair any damaged system files and then try and

reinstall
your video drivers.

regards

"Bridget Funkhouser" wrote in message
arthlink.net...
I have an Asylum GeForce4 64MB MX420 PCI card that I am having problems
with... I recently upgraded my motherboard, processor, and memory and

now
cannot get my GeForce4 drivers to intsall...

When I initially boot up, Windows detects the card fine and sets it as a
Standard VGA Adapter... When I install the nVidia drivers, any version,
during boot up Windows goes thru a couple of splash screens then the

system
locks leaving nothing but a black screen... My system specs a

Intel D845PEBT2
P4/2.4GZ
1G PC2100 DDR
Quantum 20G/7200RPM
Radeon 9000Pro128MB AGP
SoundMAX Digital Sound
HP M90 19" Monitor
OS: Windows ME 4.09 Build 3000

Everything works great with the Radeon but I really would prefer my

nVidia
back for various reasons... Running 3D being the biggest!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might do to solve the

prob...
Any help is greatly appreciated...