Old September 11th 04, 01:12 PM
Paul

In article ,
(Asi) wrote:

Maybe I'm going blind or something but I can't find the option in the
BIOS to disable AGP fast writes.

Can someone confirm if its there or not? Am I being incredibly stupid?
(just got the board - running BIOS 1017)

Thanks

Asi

Looking at a few manuals, it doesn't seem like the AMI
BIOS has that setting. Seems it is more of an Award BIOS function.

With an ATI video card, the SmartGART tab has a control for
Fast Write. I don't know how Nvidia drivers do it.

The 875P Northbridge supports Fast Write (AGP Status register
has that bit set to 1). The AGP Command register allows
Fast Write to be turned on or off. (But another Intel datasheet
mentions something about when in AGP 8X , that fast write is
not optional and will remain enabled, but when I check the AGP
3.0 spec, it doesn't say anything specific like that.)

So, the question is, what software can you use to do this
in Windows ? If you run out of other things to try, there is
PowerStrip from entechtaiwan.com .

HTH,
Paul