Old June 24th 16, 07:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,comp.lang.c,comp.protocols.tcp-ip,sci.electronics.design
John Larkin[_4_]

Default Internet Service Providers to block sites like Facebook and other password protected sites.

On Fri, 24 Jun 2016 19:44:22 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
wrote:

Hello,

I would like it if Internet Service Providers would start to block websites
behind "logins and passwords".

This goes against the open nature of the internet.

Bye,
Skybuck.

How could you log in? And do you want anyone to buy things on your
ebay account?

I just ignore the New York Times and the Washington Post and anybody
else who wants my email address, and money, to see news.

Open internet implies open to sites that want passwords and sites that
don't.

Scientific journals should not be paywalled. Most of the research had
some public funding.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc
picosecond timing precision measurement