Old January 19th 11, 05:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Foke[_2_]

Default Need to upgrade an old GeForce 8500GT w/256ram

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 13:44:35 -0600, a1pcfixer
wrote:

Foke,

You kind of limit yourself with the "no extra PS connector". Your ideal
card would probably be the GTX 460

That's intentional, as I'm limited by the stock P/S and size of the card,
not to mention money;-(

Most GTX 460's come with adapters (my EVGA card had two) to convert two 4
pin Molex connectors to the 6 pin power connector required for the card.
Of course you would need 4 spare Molex connectors...

It's not a very large card either, but I can see where the $100 price
difference could be a show-stopper. Good luck with your search!