Old August 31st 04, 03:54 AM
Rupert Pigott

Yousuf Khan wrote:
***Big News*** Intel's Itanium chips have hit the $14 billion in revenue
mark!! However there was a small one-time over-optimism charge of $13.4bn.
BUT THIS STUFF IS INCREDIBLE, IT'S EXACTLY AS IDC HAD PREDICTED ALL ALONG!!
That's an amazing 5,665 server units, this past quarter!!!

What I want to hear are all the Capellas apologists who defended
Alphacide and MIPSicide to speak up with "kill Itanic" prose on
the grounds that it ain't churning the $$$.

Come on, where the hell are you ? Were you paid by Intel to tote
that garbage or what ? Repeat after me :

"VOLUME UBER ALLES"

What a crock. Low volume easy to code for architectures replaced
by low volume hard as nails to code for architectures that burn
MW and eat reticles for breakfast.... GOOD PLAN MR ANALYST, SHRED
THOSE MARGINS.

Cheers,
Rupert