Old August 22nd 04, 07:31 PM
DukeN

I ran the DOS version of MemTest86 and it shows sticks are fine. Which doesn't
surprise me considering I used them on my Intel setup for about 8 months with zero
problems. I just think this mobo is either screwed (i looked for bad caps and other
physical faults but there aren't any) or it just doesn't like my RAM (I've tried
just about everything from forcing my RAM's CAS settings, to using Auto to using
different combinations but no luck). One part of me is totally aggravated and wants
to take a few swings at this mobo with a bat, the other part of me wants to really
troubleshoot this thing but right now that option doesn't look too promising.

"Povl H. Pedersen" wrote:

In article , DukeN wrote:
Thanks for the advice.

I tried the F6 bit with the HD connected to the SATA1 as well as SATA2
controller. Still no go. *HAD TO* connect it to the PRI_SATA RAID conector
in order to get it to work.

However, after the install finished. I experienced HUGE memory leaks, and the
first time my PC wouldn't shut down. Upon powering it off manually, upon
bootup it wouldn't find the HD!! Switching back to the other connector, I got
yet another blue screen of death. Argh...I've never seen a PC so picky about
RAM spacing, drive controller selection, etc.

Then it sound like defective RAM. What does MemTest 86 say ?
Last 2 time I had unstable machines, a RAM test proved that memory
was the problem. Replaced it, and all was working.

--
Povl H. Pedersen - (yes - it works)
Fastnet - IP telefoni: 5 kr/md Se