Old August 22nd 04, 11:49 AM
Povl H. Pedersen

In article , DukeN wrote:
Hey Guys/Gals

I just got a spankin new K8V SE Deluxe and an A64 to replace my P4
system. Have a Maxtor 120GB SATA hd as well.

Tried to install WinXP Pro (with SP1) after booting from it, and after
windows does its thing loading a few files, "Starting Windows", Windows
kindly informed me that there was no Hard Drive present.

This means that the K8V has a SATA controller too new for Windows XP.
You need to find a driver - put on floppy and do the F6 Voodoo.

Now the truly sad part is, my Intel Mobo/CPU combo detected my SATA and
installed like a charm w/out any problems.

Sure - it was a motherboard with hardware older than the OS.

Can someone *please* tell me what the issue is??? I have tried both
SATA ports on the Mobo, disabled the promise RAID controller in the BIOS
as well but to no avail. Thanks.

The problem is, taht Microsoft does not include drivers for future
hardware, I am having trouble getting windows to control most of
alien hardware in Startrek Enterprise, but to no avail.

Go to the hardware manufacturer and get a driver floppy.

--
Povl H. Pedersen - (yes - it works)
Fastnet - IP telefoni: 5 kr/md Se