Old July 12th 04, 07:16 PM
Chris Sandini

Default Problem with Shuttle AN35

Finally got everything running in this comp:
Barton 2500+
Shuttle AN35
Generic 1gb 3200
riva tnt2
120gb maxtor and a 40gb maxtor

Here's the problem. after i installed the new motherboard and booted for the
first time thatit went into windows 98 fine and said that it was installing
all this new stuff. So i said great and when it asked me to restart it did.
but now i can get into 98 and everything fine but i cannot see any cd drives
so i cannot install the real drivers for the AN35. im stuck at 16 colors and
640 * 480 and no new drivers because i cannot use the cd drives. if i dont
have the drivers i cannot use the internet or cd drives which means i can
tuse the drives or internet to get the drivers.

i tried uninstalling all the old drivers from the old motherboard and when
they tried to reinstall i would point them at the cd but it wouldnt accept
any of the drivers.

i grabbed the bootable drive and brought it into my other computer and
transfered the contents of the cd over then put the hdd back into the new
computer. I ran the setup but whenever i hit setup it comes up with
installing nforce drivers and has a progress bar but when the progress bar
finishes the setup closes out. no errors or anything. so im stuck here.
nothing else to try other than reinstalling the operating system which is
last resort.

please help, parents getting a little anxious to have their new computer
after the first an35 that came was defective