Old July 3rd 04, 11:27 PM
Barry Walsh

Jason wrote:

Hi all,

I have what seems a strange problem with the stability of my Windows
XP (32bit) when I add in another 1GB DIMM. Let me explain....

All works fine and dandy with the 2x512MB DIMM's, no issues. I add in
another 1GB DIMM (PC3200 from crucial.com) and the bios recognises it,
windows starts up, windows see's it. Then when you try and run
programs in Windows you get strange things happen like them crashing,
explorer starting to eat CPU cycles (all 100% of them). I even tried
to install Halo with the extra memory in and it won't, get a message
relating to memory then a blue screen. Take the memory out and
everything back to normal. Surely it can't be a bad DIMM else it
would get picked up at bootup?

Has anyone else seen a similar problem??

Thanks in advance,

Jason

AMD 64 3200
K8NS Pro F1

Have you turned the memory down to the necessary 333MHz as Athlon 64's
require for three DIMMs?