Old December 11th 04, 08:37 AM
NuTCrAcKeR

I have never been able to get those emulex cards (with the emulex driver and
HBAnywhere) to work with the RA4x00's. I have very limited success with the
default windows 2000 driver and these cards. Be sure that you configure the
bios so that the cards are running in a loop topology, and not a point to
point (unless you are using a fabric switch, and not an FCAL repeater).

I have scrounged a dozen or so StorageWorks Fibre Channel / P adpaters from
ebay. They work great. Not as fast as I thought they would be, though.

When I say limited success witht he emulex cards, I was never able to use
the ACU to configure the FC Controller in the RA. In order to do that, you
must use the StorageWorks controller.

I hope that helps ...

- LC

"szentthomas" wrote in message
lkaboutcomputing.com...
Can I ask you what HBA's you are using to get access to the RA4100's? and
what firmware level you are running? I am running into several issues
regarding HBA HW and RA4100.

Thanks