Old May 28th 04, 02:08 PM
NuTCrAcKeR

They are making the boards with these nifty protectors on the back of them
now, that appear to prevent components from being sheared off by the
ignorant masses. Tried to get the thing off ( of the RILOW II board, the
other is in a live machine), with no luck.

I have a scheduled maintenance window this weekend, i aill try to look at
the Series I card then.

Ciao,

- LC

"MattD.." wrote in message
On Thursday 27 May 2004 23:32, the murky waters churned and seethed, the
dark weeds parted and the water took on the sinister, shifting visage of
Nut Cracker. The great maw opened and the following was heard:

Unless you have the soldering tools to do this safely, give up now. You
can get an RILOE I board for $19.95 on ebay (no cables and stuff, but

you
can still get it).

Thanks for the advice, which I would probably give if pushed, but my
background as a techie started with electronics, which led to SMT support
and later production engineering before I defected to the real technical
stuff like network cables with AC outlet plugs on them. I think I can just
about manage a couple of passives with simply tweezers and my soldering
station. I won't even need to get the hot air rework station out.

Mitigate the time and pain-in-the-arse factor.

Nah, the board would still bug me even if I got another one. It's broken,
I've found the fault, I could fix it in three minutes (it takes two for

the
soldering station to get up to the correct temperature) and it will save

me
the adrenaline rush of another eBay auction.

Is this an RILOE (I, II) ? Is it PCI ? Serial or LAN connection ?

PCI RILO I, LAN connection with backup PSU (10.5V), keyboard/mouse
pass-through, ATi graphics and virtual power button header. Piccy of the
beast he
http://www.dontneednew.com/store/CBS...?idProduct=371

I have 1 I series board, and 1 II series board. I will check on that for
you when i get the chance.

That would be great! Thanks, LC. The part I'm interested in is around the
center of the board, a little towards the rear on the "back" of the board
(no conventional components). It's around the area of the voltage
regulation section if you'd recognize that a little better.

Thanks for the help.

--
MattD..

mattd145 atoneteldotcom