Old May 27th 04, 10:04 PM
Larry

"MattD.." wrote in message
On Thursday 27 May 2004 21:07, the murky waters churned and seethed, the
dark weeds parted and the water took on the sinister, shifting visage of
Nut Cracker. The great maw opened and the following was heard:

this makes no sense whatsoever...

OK, I'm typing slowly so you can understand what I'm saying ;o) (I'm

joking,
BTW. You're obviously not a BOFH fan)

The assistant admin person destroyed these two components by scraping
another PCI card (IIRC it was a NIC) along the back of the RILO board
whilst trying to install it.

Did you make him stand with his nose in the corner?

It makes you wonder what 'team' he is on!

(¯`·._.· £ãrrÿ ·._.·´¯)

Not recommended for assistants to do,
especially when the real sysadmin is watching. No chance of flipping to
page 35 of the excuses calendar and trying the "rodents in the NIC" excuse
for the lack of server. I never had the foresight to save the little grain
of sand from the board, even if I had been able to find it. I did,

however,
save the broken RILO board, and now I'd like to use it. Obviously, I need
to repair it before I can.

Now, let me restate my request: Can anyone with a RILO board with the

above
part number please give me the resistor value for part reference R91 and
save me buying a new RILO board? It will be in the format of three

numbers,
such as 103 for a 10k resistor (the last figure is the multiplier, or
number of zeroes after the significant figures). Some, such as 682 (6k8)
may look like 589 if read upside down, but since a 58000M resistor isn't

in
the E series, I think we'll be pretty safe! WARNING: You may need a
magnifying glass if you don't want to end up with eyesight like mine...
--
MattD..

mattd145 atoneteldotcom