Old August 18th 03, 12:05 AM
Tom Scales

Unfortunately, I don't think that has anything to do with it being a Compaq.
I'd go back to the tech support for the card. Wrong name isn't really an
issue, because it is probably just the name of the chipset.

Tom
"Voodoo" wrote in message
hlink.net...
I'm trying to install a Network Everywhere Fast Ethernet 10/100 PC Card
Model No: NP100 in a Compaq Presario Notebook model 1200-XL118 running
Windows 2000 Professional with service pack 3.

When Win2K starts up, the new hardward wizard detects the pc card but

under
the wrong name. Then when I try to tell it to look at the floppy disk in

the
A: drive it's looking for the wrong file and won't recognize the driver.

Any
idea how to get this PC Card working with this laptop?

Daniel