Old July 13th 03, 11:35 PM
Mike Calkins

According to the Yeti,

"Windows 95 with the Fat 16 file system had the 2 gig partition limit, that
could be whats holding you back. The computers themselves were limited to 8
gig."

So applying the SoftPaq / ROMPaQ success depends on the version of the OS
that you intend to apply.

Mike in Houston
"Steve" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 16:11:57 GMT, in alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq "Mike
Calkins" wrote:

What HH is referring to is the SoftPaq / ROMPaQ documentation, usually
included as a .doc or .txt file with the executable.

Mike in Houston

In know that. But my upper limit is 2GB, not 8GB. I just
thought this box might be a bit too early for this update.
I don't want to attempt to flash the ROM with the wrong code
and end up with a dead box. I am hunting for a way to save off
the original ROM image so I can put it back if everything goes
tits up. I know there's a way, I done it before on other
machines.

S,
--
SSS,