Old June 28th 03, 10:59 PM
J.Clarke

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 15:14:00 GMT
"pete" wrote:

Didn't I read somewhere that peltiers cause condensation around the
CPU? I'm pretty sure I did.

Depends on how cold you're running. Any time you're running below
ambient temperature there is a possibility of condensation. There are
ways to deal with it, generally involving an impermeable barrier of some
sort.

Pete

"J.Clarke" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:48:43 -0600
Beowulf wrote:

Water,or any liquid, is not an optimal cooling solution. Too
complex,

prone to leaks and an enginering nightmare. I am surprised that
overclockers and computer cooling freaks haven't yet discovered
Peltier thermoelectric heat pump chips. Stop living in the 20th
century!

I think if you investigate you will find that most overclockers who
use Peltiers these days (there is nothing new about their use in
overclocking) water-cool them. With a Peltier you're dissipating
the heat generated by the CPU and the additional waste heat
generated by the Peltier. If you can't cool the CPU without the
Peltier then you don't have a chance in Hell of cooling the CPU
_with_ the Peltier. And Peltiers introduce their own complications.

raj wrote:

can water cooling cause corrosion, cause I will be water cooling
my gf3 card as a test, then i will use my radeon 9700 pro AIW if
the out come is good

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)