Old June 28th 03, 08:37 PM
Brad

Doh! You're right. They date back to about November I think. Well, you'll
get several suggestions on switching DVD sw, using programs like tvtool
against macrovision, disabling hw accel, etc. If you're lucky something
will work, but its kinda' iffy. Most people solve it with the 40.72s. For
everybody else it always seems to be something different, so just a lot of
trial and error.

"Nathan" wrote in message
All good and well but the 40.72 drivers dont support the GeForce FX5800

"Brad" wrote in message
Like he said, probably need to revert to 40.72 drivers. Lots of

discussion
on this recently.

"Jeremy Dimmick" wrote in message

"Nathan" wrote in message
Why wont DVD's play back any more?

I have tried WinDVD and PowerDVD....

Windows XP
GFX5800
44.03

Sounds like it good be that Macrovision issue with drivers after
40.72 (search the groups.google.com archive for lots of discussion
of this in this ng). I've also found that with certain 40.xx
drivers I can only play DVDs with PowerDVD if I turn off hardware
acceleration in the program's options. Others here have suggested
keeping PowerDVD installed so you have the relevant codecs, but
using Windows Media Player instead.

jd