Old June 28th 03, 05:59 AM
J.Clarke

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:48:43 -0600
Beowulf wrote:

Water,or any liquid, is not an optimal cooling solution. Too complex,

prone to leaks and an enginering nightmare. I am surprised that
overclockers and computer cooling freaks haven't yet discovered
Peltier thermoelectric heat pump chips. Stop living in the 20th
century!

I think if you investigate you will find that most overclockers who use
Peltiers these days (there is nothing new about their use in
overclocking) water-cool them. With a Peltier you're dissipating the
heat generated by the CPU and the additional waste heat generated by the
Peltier. If you can't cool the CPU without the Peltier then you don't
have a chance in Hell of cooling the CPU _with_ the Peltier. And
Peltiers introduce their own complications.

raj wrote:

can water cooling cause corrosion, cause I will be water cooling my
gf3 card as a test, then i will use my radeon 9700 pro AIW if the out
come is good

--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)