Old June 27th 03, 10:32 PM
b00gjuice

I have a 5800 Ultra. The 5800 is designed to run hot. The early drivers did
not control the fan very reliably on my card. Make sure you have the latest
44.03 drivers installed. If you have those drivers and the fan comes and
goes then that is how it is supposed to be. Lucky you, the 5800 Ultra's flow
fx fan blows quite hard.

Good Luck

".: Emily and TheGhost :." wrote in
message .. .
I've got my new computer with this graphic video card.
A Geforce Fx5800 by Asus.
Now, the problem is... when I boot the computer
at the start I hear the spinning fan of the fx...
then the silence... of course because I'm in windows
and I'm not executing videogames. But when I try
to play to a videogame (direct3d opengl) the fan doesn't make
any noise... now...

Am I fortunate, because I've a silent fx5800 :-P eheh
Or what? I hear the fx's spinning fan accelerate only when I boot
the computer and for three seconds (probably it test itself)

Let me know thanks in advance.

.: Emily and TheGhost :.