Old June 27th 03, 12:33 PM
Jared Richardson

I've got one but the PCI-X slots are different. It won't physically fit in
the slot.

From what I had read, I believed they would be too.

"yeeyoh" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
I just bought a MX440 64MB PCI card and it's working great so far. Huge
difference.
I've seen them on a lot of web sites, not very expensive to buy or
order in the states.

"First of One" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
The PCI-X slots are *supposed* to be backward-compatible with PCI cards.
Have you tried your sound card in one of the PCI-X slots?

Failing that, the board does have a USB port, right? You can always plop
down the cash for a Creative Extigy...

--
First of One, Primary Adjunctive Grid Alpha-01
Remove "NOT" from Email Address to Reply

"Jared Richardson" wrote in message
. com...
Hi all,

I just purchased a new system (go Opteron!) and I find I didn't do

quite
enough research. The PCI-X slots aren't backwards compatible, so I

find
myself running w/the onboard video groan

Anyone know where I can get a PCI-X video card at a reasonable price?

can't even find one advertised! I had intended to go with a nice

affordable
GeForce4 MX 440 but since I have to choose between that and sound...

Help? tia.

Jared