Old June 25th 03, 04:00 AM
bocaJ

Default Problem with ti4600

I'm having an odd problem with my system that likely is related to my video
card. before I get into it, here are the sys specs:

Win2K SP 2
Asus GeForce 4 TI 4600
Asus P4t-533-c
Pentium 4 2533 (Northwood B)
1 GB of memory (ordered pc1066, but it will only run stabilly at pc 800)

anyways, today as I was installing GTA Vice City, I noticed that there were
tiny (1-10 pixel) distortions on the screen. also, when I moved a window
over them, they disapeared. when I went to play GTA, lots of textures were
messed up making it almost imposible to play. It should be noted that I
noted the distortions BEFORE I actually started intalling GTA. The most
annoying problem is that 3dsmax will not run DirectX properly.

I have already tried booting into safe mode, reinstalling the drivers and
reinstalling direct X but nothing so far has worked.

Thanks for any help.

Jacob