Old August 26th 03, 02:33 AM
frizzle

For those of you following along...

It was a bad ram chip. For future reference, if you have a computer that
starts acting whack, check the RAM first. Now anyone wanna donate $80?

"frizzle" wrote in message
No I didn't. I went ahead and decided to reformat. I repartitioned,
reformatted, and everytime XP tries to install it hangs after it reformats
the hard drive to NTFS. It does nothing when it is supposed to be

checking
the disk. I am ready to head to a bell tower.......

I am on hold with Microsoft as type this.

"Phil" wrote in message
Have you tried doing a system restore to a few days ago (before the

driver
update)?
"frizzle" wrote in message
That didn't work. The XP install hangs while it is trying to inspect

the
boot drive (I let it go 24 hrs and no progress). I tried checkdisk in

XP
and it found no errors.

Am I going to have to reformat and reinstall XP ?

"Roy Zurowski" wrote in message
. ca...
Do a Windows XP repair install, and then update again from Windows

Update.

"frizzle" wrote in message
I was having random computer shutdowns so I updated my bios to the
latest,
and updated the 4in1 chip drivers to the latest. Now my computer

is
shot.
The bios boot fine through the POST, but as soon as Windows XP SP1
(fully
updated) starts, the computer slows down to almost a stop. It

takes
15
MINUTES to boot windows. It even takes forever in Safe Mode.

Once
its
boots, it acts like its in some type of time warp. I tried to

reinstall
the
chip set drivers using the uninstall first method, but nothing

makes
it
work.

HELP!