Old August 19th 03, 10:21 PM
Maiso

Hi:

Thanks to both of you for your response. How much will the CPU load
be affected by this RAID Controller Cards? If I understand correctly,
this Cards comes with their own CPU and BIOS and therefore the load of
the Main CPU won't be affected, am I correct? If anybody wants to join
this thread and help me with this matter, please do. Thanks again.

"Bob Davis" wrote in message . ..
I had onboard Highpoint controllers (HPT370, ATA 100) on my last series of
Abit boards, which worked flawlessly and were fast.

"Maiso" wrote in message
om...
Hi:

I want to install two 80GB Western Digital Special edsition Caviar
8MB Cache ATA 100 drives in a RAID 0 configuration on my 8KNXP MB.
Understanding that so many people are complaining about the
performance of the Onboard ITE GigaRaid controller not being good
enough, I will like to buy a new PCI RAID controller card. I have only
resarch the Promise Ultra TX2, and the two from Highpoint, Rocket RAID
100 and Rocket RAID 133. Can anybody give me some guidance on these
Controller Cards or to any other one that exist and that is not too
expensive. Any comments or recommendation about which one to buy will
be really appreciated. If somebody has any Benchmark on them and want
to give me the details, I will appreciate that too. Thanks for your
help.

P.S. Running Windows XP Pro, 2.8GHz 800FSB, 1GB Mushkin PC3200 DDRAM,
SB Audigy 2, ATI Radeon 9500, Sony DRU-510A DVD R/W, Sony DVD ROM.