Old July 30th 03, 04:29 AM
Ken

I guess that might depend what raid he's using. If he wants raid 0 then when
he sets it up it will need to be reformatted into one partition.

Ken

"Bob Davis" wrote in message
You don't need to reinstall Windows. Just create your RAID array from

your
RAID bios, clone your old HD onto the new RAID array (Norton Ghost, etc.),
and then load the appropriate Windows drivers before booting the first

time.
If you intend to use your old drives in your array you may need to clone

it
to another driver first, but when I did it on my old Win98SE system on a
Highpoint HPT370 controller I think it created the RAID array and
transferred the files in the same operation.

"Hervey Cleckley" wrote in message
I am installing a second WD120 for RAID. I assume it is best to do a

clean
install? Can it be done with current file system intact?

Thanks

GA-7N400 Pro ver. 1.0
2500 Barton
256x2