Old July 26th 03, 02:01 AM
Bob Davis

Default 8KNXP bios F6e CPU Voltage problems..

"Johan Dahlberg" wrote in message

Hi everyone,
I'm having difficulties getting a stable 1.55v for my P4 3.0C CPU with the
F6e bios, anyone else having the same problems?

The voltage keeps jumping from 1.47-1.55 (according to Motherboard Monitor
5) no matter what I set it to in bios (even when i set it to 1.6v).

Although
it has always seemed stable until now, when i installed Warcraft III,

which
crashed all the time on me. So I went back to bios F5, the voltage now

stays
around 1.54-1.55, and Warcraft III works flawlessly.

However it all seems strange, doesnt it? And yes, I'm using the DPS2!

I have F5 and show a consistent 1.52V, briefly dipping to 1.50 every few
minutes or so. I haven't had the courage to flash to F6e, and won't until I
see something the new bios will fix that seems worthy. I'm not having any
trouble here, so I'll use the IIABDF principle (If it ain't broke....).

BTW, what do you show for your +5V reading? Mine has always been low, now
at 4.08V. The 12V reading is also always low, now at 11.37V. Everything
else seems in line.

I did have DPS2 installed, but had to remove it when my Zalman HSF wouldn't
fit.