Old July 25th 03, 09:01 PM
Bob Davis

I've heard that current versions of Ghost are not compatible with SATA
drives and renders them as inactive (non-bootable) partitions. One person
has reported (not sure which newsgroup) that he was able to revive his using
Partition Magic v8, and that at that point all was well.

Does your SATA drive have disk cloning software in the package like most
modern PATA drives do? You might check, and make sure it will work going
from PATA to SATA.

"La Pedrera" wrote in message
le.rogers.com...
I purchased a SATA drive and have cloned it over (using Ghost) and now

want
to boot from this drive * much faster than my old 10gb ATA one *.

I still want to have the other drive connected and accessible.

How do I change this? I see the setting in the bios for BOOT ORDER, but

when
set to SATA it still just skips right over the drive.. .