Old July 25th 03, 04:08 PM
S.Heenan

John Constable wrote:
I've run some diagnostic utilities and they report my CPU (2600
thoroughbred) to be running at 1262. My bios says (my FSB?) speed is
100. I tried to change it to 166 and it failed to boot (rebooted on
its own with setting changed back to 100)

My questions:

1) can some recommend a good diagnostic utility that will tell me CPU
info (type, clock speed etc) memory info (type, speeds etc) and all
my bus speeds.

2) What the heck is going on and can I get my speeds up to where they
should be?

system:
XP2600+ Thororoughbred
GA-7VAXP Ultra
1.5 gig ram (can't remember what tpye but I think its generic P2700
which is why I need a good diagnostic utility!)
Nvidia (Palit Daytona) geforce FX5600 128
W2Kpro

tia

Near the third PCI slot is SW1. It's factory default is 100MHz.**Page 10 of
the manual.**Unplug your PC and change it to the Auto(off) position. Plug
the PC back in and try booting.
--
Winerr 00B - Push Error; Removing Files to Make Room for Advertisement