Old July 25th 03, 02:09 AM
NuT CrAcKeR

Default GA-7VAX-A and an XP 2100+ @ 333

Hello All,

I have been reading up on the B core t'breds, and the consensus seems to be
that most of them can run at 166 (333). The thing is, the 7VAX-A board I
have only has the switch for Auto/100. There is a place on the board where
another switch looks like it could have been placed... IF i somehow short
this out (wire, switch, etc), can I force 166 and get my 2100+ to run
natively at 2.16Ghz ?

Right now, I have PC3200 (Kingston Hyper-X), and it runs in DDR400 mode,
with Top Performance turned on, at 155Mhz, so i am thinking that this memory
has the headroom.

Are there any articles that address this mod, and this kind of OC
potentional of the B core 2100+ ???

Thanks,

NuTs