Old July 11th 03, 02:08 PM
Joe Greenman

It's Win XP Service Pack 1... not sure how this could be a router
issue. I've plugged in to a working port (tested with another PC) and
it's still no go. Plus, I did nothing to the router that would have
changed anything. In any case, I've tried restarting the cable modem
/ router. Other PC still works; the troubled PC doesn't (even when
plugged into other ports).

Thanks for all the ideas. Any others? I'm dead in the water still.

P.S. I know the Realtek onboard Lan on some other Gigabyte boards can
be put into semi-permanent sleep (and has to be manually woken up).
Anyone have experience with this on an Intel onboard Lan? Or maybe
it's something else entirely.