Old July 11th 03, 02:42 AM
Matt

"Joe Greenman" wrote in message
om...
Ugh! I can't figure this out. Any help appreciated.

My onboard LAN suddenly stopped working. No Internet, no Local Area
Network. Nothing.

Only precipitating event - I just popped in a new video card (Sapphire
Radeon 9100). That's it.

Now, when I look at the network cable plugged into the back of the PC,
the indicator light is flashing yellow. And *no* LAN related
functions work.

Is this a wake issue? Perhaps the new video card tricked the onboard
lan (82540EM Intel chip) into permanent sleep? If so, how do I wake
this thing back-up?

Many thanks,

J Greenman
Detroit

P.S. I'm using a cable modem connection, plus a router - & my other
PCs work fine. I plugged the problem PC in using a working PC
connection & cable. Still no go.

What OS are you using? WinXP, 98?? What happens if you reset the cable modem
and run it directly to the computer without the router?

Matt