Old July 6th 03, 10:39 PM
sig666

Default BSOD

Your problem is probably a Device and/or Driver.
I would start by taking a long look at the Creative Sound Card. Such as
uninstalling it and the related Software. Also try putting it in another
PCI slot. I would pop the Creative down to slot 4.
Also Creative cards have problems with XP's virtual IRQ's. So IRQ
21,22,23 should be avoided for Creative sound cards.
Good luck.
=================
MiniDisc_2k2 wrote:

Okay, I've been getting this error about once a month, after I come out of
standby (S3, a.k.a. STR). It doesn't say any error message like the other
BSOD screens I've seen, such as IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or something like
that. All it does is have those annoying hexidecimal codes. Here's my system
stats:

Gigabyte GA-8SQ800
Pentium 4 Northwood
Speed rated 2.4GHz, running 2.95GHz
FSB rated 533MHz, running 656MHZ
System Bus rated 133MHz, running 164MHz
VCore rated 1.55V, running 1.675V
1x256 Corsair High-Quality Ram
Speed rated DDR400 running DDR410
BFG Asylum (GeForce4 MX440-SE) 64MB DDR in PCI 1
Creative SoundBlaster PCI512 in PCI 2
Linksys Instant PCI Wireless Networking Card in PCI3
PCI 4/5 empty
AGP 4x/8x empty
1x Maxtor 80GB, 7200RPM, 8MB Cache, ATA/133 on Primary Master (CS)
1x Generic 56x CD-ROM on Secondary Master (CS)
1x Generic 3.5" 1.44MB Floppy Drive on Floppy Connector
1x Yamaha CRW3200UXZ (USB 2.0 CD-RW, 24x/10x/40x)

The hexidecimal codes I'm getting a

***STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x80515F86, 0xF9E6CC0C, 0xF9E6C906)

What does this mean? Is there any website that can tell me what these codes
mean? How can I fix the problem? It's not extremely annoying, as I save all
of my data before going into standby anyways so I does no harm, but I'd like
to get it resolved. Also, it only happens about once a month so it's no big
deal, but it's still bugging me.

Thanks for any help
--
MiniDisc_2k2
To reply via e-mail, replace nospam.com with cox dot net.