Old August 13th 20, 04:54 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Subject: Weird Story: Thunder clap destroys Toshiba Laptop poweradapter that was "half" connected ?!

On Wednesday, August 12, 2020 at 9:47:06 AM UTC+2, Paul wrote:
wrote:

8. So I plug back the power adapter into the laptop, this
was basically the only thing left I had to do and I start
noticing this beeping...

I did not understand how to remove the power socket inside
the motherboard I put my screw driver in there kinda stupid
when I was disassembling it so I was worried maybe I bent a pin...
but after re-opening the entire thing I dont really believe this
was an issue I could be wrong though...

Check to see if the laptop still has a center pin in
the barrel connector body.

It could be the center pin is jammed in the wall adapter
end of the cable.

It could be snapped off or bent.

The sound you hear, is the SMPS trying to recover from overload
and still finding the overload present. Something near the
connector is damaged.

Paul

Thanks Paul !

After close inspection of the laptop and especially the connector I realize what happened.

I think while I was trying to push/pop this connector out I pushed back one of the metal pins.

It's now probably causing a short circuit of some kind which causes the adapter to beep rapidly.

I made a video about it so you can see for yourself:

https://youtu.be/FmTdumrbHL0

Let me know what you think ?

I am pretty sure that metal pin is bent and needs to be bent back... if I fail to do that this connector will have to be replaced and I am not sure how to do that, pretty crazy to think that this little connector ruins a 1000 euro costing laptop !

Bye for now,
Skybuck =D