Old August 12th 20, 08:47 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]

Default Subject: Weird Story: Thunder clap destroys Toshiba Laptop power adapter that was "half" connected ?!

wrote:

8. So I plug back the power adapter into the laptop, this
was basically the only thing left I had to do and I start
noticing this beeping...

I did not understand how to remove the power socket inside
the motherboard I put my screw driver in there kinda stupid
when I was disassembling it so I was worried maybe I bent a pin...
but after re-opening the entire thing I dont really believe this
was an issue I could be wrong though...

Check to see if the laptop still has a center pin in
the barrel connector body.

It could be the center pin is jammed in the wall adapter
end of the cable.

It could be snapped off or bent.

The sound you hear, is the SMPS trying to recover from overload
and still finding the overload present. Something near the
connector is damaged.

Paul