Old July 21st 19, 01:04 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Memory and the Ryzen 3000

On Sat, 20 Jul 2019 12:41:22 -0700 (PDT), John Savard
wrote:

In any case, it certainly seems like getting memory for a Ryzen system is a
complicated process.

Not to ignore existing builds, if you should be lucky to find your
component part selections, MB & MEM, within some reviews. I find
myself approaching My Motherboard selection for what that is, a MB
brand and type, for less of an initial decision permitted outside
influences. In a sense the MB is everything. I may also start in on
the socket support PDF, running through CPU iterations available from
a pulled- and used-sourced aftermarket, before ever getting around
considering memory.

Unlike memory, though, that I do then select for it, I'll pull and
list from available user reviews, to cross-reference it, to their
stated experience as satisfactory. New memory, then it is;- I like
placing all together, in an order, in case of an issue or (a highly
unlikely) sum-total dissatisfied return. Unfortunately, used CPUs off
a side market will not fit into that scenario and are a liability.

Anyway, memory speeds and overclocking come secondary to overall
stability, and that is, likely, at some unstated vantage for price -
personally, I usually don't spend much or generally need a lot of
physical memory for the applications I'm often on.

Thus, the path of least resistance then goes to prove I'm such a Dull
Boy if I haven't actually any stringent demands.