Old July 19th 19, 05:45 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
~misfit~[_16_]

Default hardware or software ? drive coming open randomly

On 19/07/2019 12:16 AM, wrote:
Hi all ; glad to see some increased activity here.
I have a Lenovo T500 laptop ; Vista vintage ; running Win 8 Pro
and it has an intermittant problem where the CD/DVD drive pops open
randomly. The drive is ~ never used. When it's acting-up, it will
pop open several times in a few minutes. When it's behaving, it
will be fine for a couple days. Any Thoughts ?
John T.

I can only state the obvious - that perhaps something is running that expects to find a disc in
that drive and when it doesn't it opens it to prompt you to insert it.

Maybe check task manager when it is and isn't happening to see if there's anything that might be
responsible? This is most likely (IMO) a software issue.

Good luck.
--
Shaun.

in the DSM"