Old April 7th 07, 09:49 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
journey

Default Pulled the Trigger

On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 20:43:44 GMT, "Nota Clu"
wrote:

and as threatened, bought a Digital Storm. Plan to over clock this biatch
to 3.0 GHz:
Did I make any mistakes?

When will you receive your PC? What do you plan on using it for. (if
anything is personal feel free to skip). Just want to focus on the
positives and the fun you'll be having.

When you say you want to overclock it, what will that gain you. You
aren't into games which would have first come to mind. Are you into
video processing?

I find the processor that you have speedy enough for all tasks I have
thrown at it (although I havne't done video processing with it yet).

I bought my XPS 410 from the outlet to have a XP desktop with maximum
specs with hardware that has drivers for XP. In a way it's insurance
because my E510 P4 is being stressed. I don't need two desktops, but
am keeping the E510 as a test PC for shareware and other programs.

Finally I love the 640m laptop (also Core 2 w 4M cache). I lucked
out. I didn't know there was a 1440 x 900 resolution. I thought I
would be getting WXGA. This makes the 640m the ideal laptop size from
Dell for me (although I suspect I might like some of the latitudes
better). I think I am going to extend the warranty a year (wonder if
I can do that after the fact for the same price as if I had purchased
it at time of purchase). That would give me 3 years of complete care.

Anyway, what are you planning on using your system for?