Old September 12th 06, 12:52 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Noozer

Default IDE port for 3 devices

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi there, I just bought a Seagate IDE 400G hard drive and wanted to use

it as my second hard drive. My Dell desktop already has a SATA hard
drive. Unfortunately after I bought this hard drive, I found out that
my system board only has 1 IDE port which has already been used up for
2 device: a DVD ROM and a DVD burner. So now my question is:

Best solution, return the 400gig drive and get the SATA version. (assuming
you have a free SATA port) Remember that with SATA it's only one drive per
port.