Old September 11th 06, 10:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Rod Speed

Default IDE port for 3 devices

wrote
wrote

1. can I use an IDE hard drive together with a SATA hard drive all togther?

Yes, you can get IDE to SATA converters and put it on a SATA port.

Thanks for the suggestion. where can I get this converters?

If you have any free PCI slots, an IDE controllor would be better.

http://www.promise.com/product/produ...roduct_i d=87

Dunno, he may not have that many PCI slots.

An External USB enclosure would also work just fine, as metioned.

Few of those have decent cooling, so its not great for the drive.

A SATA to IDE converter is a hit and miss kind of a deal. Since the SATA
spec does not require implementation of certian Legacy IDE functions.

You should be able to pick up the IDE controller or usb enclosure locally.