Old September 11th 06, 09:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default IDE port for 3 devices

wrote:
1. can I use an IDE hard drive together with a SATA hard drive all togther?

Yes, you can get IDE to SATA converters and put it on a SATA port.

Thanks for the suggestion. where can I get this converters?

If you have any free PCI slots, an IDE controllor would be better.

http://www.promise.com/product/produ...roduct_i d=87

An External USB enclosure would also work just fine, as metioned.

A SATA to IDE converter is a hit and miss kind of a deal. Since the
SATA spec does not require implementation of certian Legacy IDE
functions.

You should be able to pick up the IDE controller or usb enclosure
locally.