Old September 11th 06, 09:14 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
GlowingBlueMist

Default IDE port for 3 devices

wrote:
1. can I use an IDE hard drive together with a SATA hard drive all
togther?

Yes, you can get IDE to SATA converters and put it on a SATA port.

Thanks for the suggestion. where can I get this converters?

A short Google search using "ide sata adaptor" minus the quotes will give
you more than you care to read about.

Here are a couple of links, not that I have purchased anything from them.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...oogle&ct=title

http://www.coolerexpress.com/iwparatatose.html

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=SIL3611&cat=CBL

Another thought would be to purchase one of those external USB\IDE cases and
put the drive in that.

Last but not least would be a IDE interface card that would plug into an
empty slot (if any) and would drive one or two IDE devices. They can be had
for about the same price as the IDE/SATA adaptors.