Old July 2nd 06, 12:03 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Dean

Default Bar graph display on IMD for Proliants

I appreciate what you've said, and it may indeed be impossible to get the
IMD utility to run under Gentoo, but I was asking if you could tell me
where in the PSP the IMD utility actually is, because I've downloaded PSP
7.2 for RH4 Enterprise and I just can't find it in any of the archives.

Are you sure that it IS in the PSP for RH4?

Jeffrey Alsip wrote:

Messy is right! Gentoo is based on BSD, and it appears that BSD has
never been given any attention by the Compaq Support team. If you are
married to Gentoo, you may be out of luck. Someday Compaq may release
the source for these utilities (allowing us to do some fancy
compiling), but I wouldn't hold my breath.

For compiled utilities you will have to choose from Red Hat, SUsE,
Solaris, or SCO. I am, of course, an advocate of Red Hat, but SUsE is
just as free and just as full featured. I have never gotten the free
Solaris 10 to install on ANYTHING...though it claims to be compatable
with a boatload of x86 hardware. SCO, I have never tried.

The only thing that I am absolutely certain about is an install of
Fedora Core 4, then using the Enterprise 4 PSP. Sorry.

Jeff