Old July 1st 06, 10:51 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
NuTCrAcKeR

Default Bar graph display on IMD for Proliants

"Jeffrey Alsip" wrote in message
oups.com...

. wrote:
I might give that a go. Could you tell me which PSP you downloaded, and
where to find the IMD utility in it?

I am assuming you are running Fedora Core 4. If so, download from he

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/support/fi...oad/24759.html

Unzip the file (gzip) and search the contents for installable files
(rpm format). You can also run setup and only select the utilities that
you want to load (this gives you more detailed explanations of what the
utilities do...as opposed to having to guess based on the file name).

Please report any success or failure.

I sometimes wonder if LC sees the potential, that Linux has, to breathe
new life into this legacy hardware. I am a "hardware" man myself, and
want nothing more than to see the life of these machines extended far
beyond their designers wildest dreams.

Of course i see the the opensource potential for these old boxes. The
reality is that my world revolves around all (current) flavors of Windows
Server OS's and i no longer have the time, or the energy, to absorb the
learning curve of develeoping the same proficiency with *nix that I have
with Windows (x86, x64, IA64), all editions.

10 pounds of crap .... 5 pound bag, so i have to choose the 5 pounds of MS
as opposed to OpenSource.

- LC