Old August 17th 04, 06:27 PM
The Chief

There are no specific problems related to incompatible memory. I have
seen computers that randomly reboot, unexplained program errors, random
lockup, sudden shutdown; for just a few I have seen with the AMD64. And
I do have extensive experience with computers. I have been building,
repairing, and setting up personal computers for over 20 years.

Leo Calia wrote:
As far as I heard, when having incompatible memory modules you would get
errors at boot up. these errors i get in my os.

an example

Doom 3:doom3.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x00477925" referenced memory at "0x00000008".The
memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

..

When clicking on OK I get some more errors and then I return to my desktop.
When clicking on CANCEL Visual C++ starts running an giving an acces
violation.

On the next "crash" i'm taking some screenshots and i'l post some links.

Thanks anyway

Leo Calia
The Netherlands