Old October 12th 04, 01:46 AM
Andy

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 08:35:49 GMT, kony wrote:

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 08:52:36 +0100, "Apollo"
wrote:

"kony" wrote in message
. ..
Followups-To alt.comp.hardware

A7N8X Motherboard Low Temperature Sensitivity, CMOS Checksum
Error

Anyway, still didn't find the time yet to individually test
any (motherboard) components but when it wouldn't POST after
a dozen times I held a hair-dryer up to the whole thing for
a couple minutes and once again it posted fine, booted to
windows, rebooted and flashed bios again successfully. Then
a few hours later I tried to turn it on and nothing again!
If it were mine (I also have an A7N8X which doesn't have
this problem) I'd try replacing component(s) and keep an eye
on it, stress testing and such but it has to be back to it's
owner so ultimately I'll probably just have them buy a new
one soon, yet I'm still curious to find out what's going on
with it.

Use a piece of cardboard to direct the heat to one half of the
motherboard at a time. After you determine which half is heat
sensitive, then determine which half of that half is the problem,
etc., until you pinpoint the component.