Old June 12th 04, 08:31 PM
NuTCrAcKeR

remove the handle, and put it in a 32bit slot.

Also, check earlier posts in this group for a link to the RIB support
matrix. It will list, by system, the proper slot of each supported system.

- LC

"jamesbird" wrote in message
lkaboutcomputing.com...
What have I done wrong? I've a proliant 5500 that seems to be a happy
bunny, running SBS2k, twin CPU, plenty of RAM etc, and a Compaq RIB 56k
part 294040-001.
Becouse of the full length of the RIB, and with a 'handle' on the end,
there is only one PCI slot it'll go in, BUT the smart start utility says
the RIB is in the wrong slot. Is it me? what have I done wrong.
Any ideas welcome.
James