Old September 18th 03, 03:44 PM
Jim Balson

In alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq Jim Balson wrote:
In alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq Mike Calkins wrote:
Try putting the cover back on, some units in that age required a override
cover tool to power up with the cover open......

Thanks for the reply. I did that, and the machine will still
not power up.

I solved it. The CPU modules and the terminator boards were not seated properly. I read aboutthis on the HP forums for the 5500. It was suggested that you 'sit on them' to get them seated properly. I didn't quite do that, but I jamed them in there and all of the Interlock faults lights went off.

It's now up and running again.

Thanks, Jim

Jim

"Jim Balson" wrote in message

Some more info on my Proliant 5500 problems.

When I plug the system into the wall socket, the green power lights on
the back of the 2 power supplies come on. As do alot of other lights in

and
around the motherboard, which includes the ones described on the

motherboard
in the previous post.

When I press the power button on the front panel, nothing happens. The
green lightr on the front does not come on, no signal is sent to the

monitor as
the monitor flashes, continually, the "No Signal" message.

I've tries hitting all of the 'F' keys when in this mode but
nothing happens.

Did I do something real bad to this machine when I opened up the cover
and removed and then reinserted the CPU's? When I removed and reinserted

the
CPU's, the unit was most definately OFF, but was still plugged into the

wall.

Jim

--
Jim